6.28.2008

"And I'm Sleepin' Alone In A House I Don't Own"


Topic For Discussion: Should I fear my roommate? 0r at least be packed and ready to bail at a moment's notice.





So, last weekend I came home to Brighton on a Sunday afternoon, slightly hung over from the previous day/night's doings in the big city. I walk in the door, and my roommate's bastard child runs up with a giant grin on his face. The boy proclaims in a proud voice, "my mom is in jail." My instinct was to shrug my shoulders and walk upstairs. Instead, mostly for the boy's benefit, I acted shocked and surprised. I wanted him to realize that this type of situation can generally be regarded as unfavorable and not to be striven for.
With this incident, a fresh realization had finally crystallized for me. In this current living situation, I feel as though I'm ready for anything and scarcely surprised. It's an uncomfortable feeling. However, I can at least embrace the fact that I will have captivating stories to tell about this strange time. And the next place I live will seem that much more awesome by comparison. Although the air mattress is really growing on me. Yeah, must escape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm so i feel there's a lot you never told me about this "single lady and her son" you are living with. I want stories and a detailed update soon! Hows the shitzu??